Migrating putty settings from one desktop/laptop to the other box comes in handy when you had already customized your putty with saved sessions. The migration will also help a new member of an exisitng DBA support team.
Here are the steps
1. Start -> Run (or Windows Button + R)
2. Type in ‘regedit’ and press enter - this command will open the registry editor window
3. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> SimonTatham
4. Right Click on SimonTatham and select Export
5. Provide a file name and save the file
Copy and execute the exported file on the new machine, then import into new machine by double click it
Note: this will only bring the putty configurations and NOT the putty executable itself.